We met John and Nancy at Real Hacienda on Saturday to celebrate John's birthday. We'd planned on telling them about the baby for his birthday. I tried to find a Happy Birthday Grandpa card, but didn't find any I really liked. My scrap area is still a disaster so I didn't get around to making one. Instead I copied the u/s photo from December and folded it so he couldn't see what it was. We gave John his actual present at the beginning of lunch. At the end of lunch as we were getting ready to leave, we told him we had one more thing for him. We handed it to him and said "this one won't be here until July though." I think they were pretty surprised! We followed them out of the parking lot and up Prospect Ave after lunch. We saw them turn off into Goodwill. We joked that they are probably already picking up baby things!
Tim has had a horrible cold since last Saturday. He has a terrible cough and a fever. He actually stayed home from work on Tuesday! He was generous enough to share this cold with me. I worked from home Friday because the weather was pretty nasty. I started to feel bad around 4:00. After meeting John and Nancy for lunch yesterday, we came home and I crashed on the couch. I slept for pretty much the rest of the day. I'm feeling much better today, but decided to skip the Super Bowl party we've been invited to. I didn't want to get anyone else sick and really just wanted to veg out on the couch in my pjs all day.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment