Friday, June 27, 2008

little stinker

So Jack gave me the first of what I am sure will be many scares today. I mentioned to my doctor that I hadn't felt him move much today. She decided to just hook me up for a NST (non-stress test) to see what was going on. Well, it took the poor nurse forever to find his heartbeat. The whole time I'm thinking the worst. She finally found his h/b and got me all hooked up. Being the hormonal preggo I am I cried when she finally found it. They ran the test for about 20 minutes. It measured the h/b and contractions and I had to press a button every time I felt him move. Of course, once I was hooked up he started moving and kicking at the contractions monitor. The nurse apologized for having trouble finding his h/b. She doesn't normally do the NSTs. So, all is still well in Jack's world. Just needed to scare the shit out of his mom. The monitor picked up some contractions, but I sure didn't feel them. I also had the Group B Strep test and she checked me. Jack's head is really low, but nothing is going on down there. I go back again on the 3rd. Oh, just noticed my ticker says only 30 days left. EEEK!

No comments: