Wednesday, August 6, 2008

first md appointment

Jack had his first doctor's appointment this morning. Tim thought he might have to miss it due to inventory, but luckily inventory got rescheduled to Monday. It was a pretty short appointment, which was good since Jack was due for a feeding at 10:30. I am really happy with the doctor we've chosen. Amy said she was good with first time parents and she was right! Jack weighed 8 pounds, is 20.5 inches and his head is 37cm. They like for baby to be back to birth weight by the 2 week appointment, so Jack is gaining nicely. The tech was quick to assure me that it is normal for babies to shrink a bit after birth. We go back in September for his 2 month appointment and will be getting shots...EEEK!
And since every post needs a photo, here's a cute but blurry shot from our little birth announcement photo shoot this morning. Gonna have to play around in photoshop to see if I can sharpen it a bit.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I LOVE these pictures! I swear he is getting more handsome by the day!!!

ladydi said...

Awwww. . . such a darling child. Love new baby photos!