Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What's on the menu

I thought I'd give Jack some oatmeal cereal tonight. I think I've had it since just after Jack was born. It came with some of the free formula we received. He LOVED it! Snarfed it right up. So his feeding schedule goes at little something like this:

Upon waking: 8 ounce bottle(doesn't always finsih the full 8 ounces)

4 hours later: 1/2 container of veggie (green beans, squash, peas, sweet potatoes, or carrots) mixed with rice and formula and a 6 ounce bottle

4 hours late: oatmeal mixed with formula and a 6 ounce bottle

4 hours later: 8 ounce bottle

We're going to give him plain oatmeal for a few days to make sure he tolerates it ok then we'll start adding fruit to that meal.

Oh, and now that I've added rice and warmed it up, he likes squash too.

He's really a very good eater the majority of the time. He opens his mouth up wide for his rice and veggies and oatmeal. On Monday, Grammy said he was banging the tray of the high chair in excitement as she got his veggies and rice ready!

No comments: