
At 20 months Jack:
has a couple of "jobs." He feeds the dog in the morning and evening and throws his diapers away in the diaper champ or trash can. No allowance yet :-)
knows his nose, mouth, eyes, ears, hair, knee, toes, feet, cheek, hand and belly button.
says hi, hello (hewhoa), move (mostly to Ranger,) bath, no and yeah.
tries to wipe away the drool marks on his crib sheet. He has navy blue flannel sheets that really show the white drool marks. When we get him in the morning he squats down and tries to brush away the spots. He's big on brushing away crumbs too.
is a fake cougher. He'll cover his mouth with his hand and do a little fake cough and then smile real big. The other day when I picked him up from Grammy and Grandpa's he had a wad of toilet paper and was holding it up to his mouth coughing. What a ham!
is sick of fruit bars for breakfast. He eats a slice or two of cinnamon and sugar toast now.
makes sure all the doors are closed. Before we come downstairs in the morning, he always goes back and shuts his bedroom door. Our doors are now creaking because of this.
will put away his toys 99.9% of the time with prompting and a little help.
climbs into his high chair by himself.
likes to jump. This started with Tim putting a piece of masking tape on the floor in the basement and has evolved into him jumping everywhere.
LOVES for Tim to get out the helicopter Aunt Beth got Tim for Christmas. They usually play with it just before Tim has to head back to work after lunch.
prefers to carry his ride on toys where he wants them rather than riding or pushing them.
has started hitting himself on the head, usually after we tell him no. I think this came about from us swatting Ranger and saying no when Ranger has done something he shouldn't.
has started to unzip his sleepers. Some genius at Carter's thought it was smart to stop putting the snap closures on 2T sleepers just when children are able to work zippers. WAY TO GO CARTERS! So far he hasn't taken them completely off. He tends to leave the feet part on or just unzip the sleeper most of the way. Thankfully it is still cool enough for him to need a onesie as well, so he hasn't been able to take his diaper off.
LOVES chips, especially Honey BBQ Fritos Twists.
has the same sleep routine. On the days after he's been outside a lot, he'll sleep in a bit later.
needs another haircut. I cut off his duck tail the other day, so it's a little better, but it's getting pretty darn shaggy. I think this should be a father/son thing, but Tim says he'll get him a buzz cut and I'm not sure I'm ready for that. Let the poor kid enjoy the hair while he still has it! I'm still waiting for it to darken up. Not sure how we ended up with a blonde. I'm curious to see how much it lightens up this summer.
doesn't just say no. He says no, no, no. He gets this from me. I usually say no, no, no when he's getting into or doing something he shouldn't.
LOVES to be outside. We've had a few nice days when we spent all morning outside. Now if the weather would just STAY nice, he would be in heaven.
eats pretty much the same things as always. We can get him to try new things by putting them on a fork, but he usually spits them right out or throws the food on the floor. This is not helping Ranger's quest to lose 10 pounds.



2 comments:
I remember a little girl being pretty blonde especially during the summer months. As a big girl, she has quite a bit of red in all that brown.
OK, I totally loved the sharing of all the details he does now. It's like I am there=)
Post a Comment