Saturday, March 13, 2010

Another Blood Sucker

When I found out I was pregnant I started taking an iron supplement. The same one I'd taken with Jack. I figured I was a little anemic with Jack, so I'd just be proactive and go ahead with a supplement. I had no trouble with side effects when I took it with Jack. Painful side effects this time. I stopped taking them and let my doctor know at my 20 week appointment. She said no biggie, I wasn't that anemic last time. Well, I've been feeling tired again lately. Taking naps when Jack does, almost falling asleep in the chair while he plays. I never take naps. I've always felt worse after taking a nap than if I just kept busy and muddled through the fatigue. I was hoping the anemia wasn't back because I'd had such bad luck with the iron this time around. When I saw the envelope from my doctor's office the day after my glucose test I knew it was anemia again. Charlie is a little vampire just like his big brother. So, I added the iron supplement back to my daily pill popping regime and added a few docuate sodium in an attempt to keep the side effects to a minimum. Ahhh, ain't pregnancy grand???? :-)

No comments: