I've started going to appointments every two weeks. Nothing exciting during this one. Gained a pound and my blood pressure looks good. No swelling yet (other than after my drive home on Mondays.) I go back on the 30th, then I'll start weekly appointments. Normally I would be tested for Strep B, but since I already tested positive for it with Jack, they'll just treat me during the delivery and be done with it.
Charlie is quite the squirmy guy. Some of his movements have been so strong my whole body has moved from them. I am more uncomfortable this time around. With Jack it never felt like he was cramped in there, but Charlie must be more of a stretcher. I feel him pushing on me pretty much all the time. I'm still battling heartburn and acidy thurps, but it's managable. Nothing a little ranitidine twice daily can't handle. I have more energy since resuming the iron, but I'll be glad when I don't need it anymore.
How did it get to be this close to my due date? The time has really flown by. It's so funny how different things are the second time around. By this time with Jack, we had his crib up and his room all done. I had diapers stockpiled and everything was ready to go. Except for the bottles and stuff. I remember after being told I was going to be induced having a mini panic attack because I hadn't made room for the bottles in the kitchen. This time, I got nothin'. Well, that's not totally true. I did buy some 4 ounce liners for the bottles. We know which crib we want to buy, but since Charlie will probably be in the bassinet in our room for a while, we're in no rush to purchase it. The plan is for them to room together once Charlie tranistions to a crib, but we'll see how that goes when the time comes. I have some formula a friend gave me and plan to use Jack's old bottles. On my to do list are diapers, nursery water, gas drops, nipples, washing and putting away all the bottle paraphnalia, washing and putting away all the newborn and 0-3 month clothes and washing and setting up the bassinet. I still need to pack a bag for the hospital, but I'm in no hurry to do that yet. We'll also wait to install the carseat base. What am I forgetting? With them being born pretty much the same time of year, I feel like I already have everything he'll need. I've been looking for a cute coming home outfit, but nothing's really jumped out at me yet. Other than a Little Brother onesie, I haven't bought anything new for this little guy. Which is not to say he'll have nothing new to wear. Lots of Jack's clothes were never worn, so hopefully Charlie will be able to get some use out of them.
Ok, I'm rambling now. Just trying to wrap my brain around his quickly approaching arrival.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Sounds familiar - when Abby was almost due - this whole house was baby stuff - clean clothes, diapers, bottles, etc. With Katie I was lucky to get the 0 - 3 month sleepers out of the storage bin like 2 days before i went into labor!! Child 2 is a lot different - that is for sure!!
Good LUck - I didn't realize you were this close either!!
Post a Comment