I had my first appointment today. I met with Diana a nurse with Dr. Haller. We mostly went over medical history and how I am feeling. I was relieved to hear that it's normal for migraines to return or become more frequent with pregnancy. She said they could give me a rx for Tylenol #3 if the regular Tylenol stops doing the trick. She went over how the next few months would proceed. I'll have monthly visits until I reach 32 weeks (I think.) After that I'll be seen more frequently. She said we should start looking for a pediatrician now, which was a little surprising. I'll have Tim ask around at work for a recommendation. Diana gave me a big bag of goodies. Mostly magazines and the What To Expect book. She calculated my due date to be July 28th. I was so happy when she asked if I wanted to have an ultrasound to check and make sure everything is ok. Normally they wouldn't do one this early, but since I'd had 2 previous miscarriages she made an exception. I got to see our little one, which the nurse said looked like a little cashew. By the measurements she took I look to be about 7 1/2 weeks along. I was also able to hear the heartbeat (165 bpm.) I admit, I cried when I heard the heartbeat. It was such a different experience from the last time I was in this position in June. She gave me two pictures to take home. I made my next appointment for January 7th. I'll be meeting with Dr. Haller for a short appointment to basically do the same things that are done at my yearly appointment. I couldn't wait to show Tim the first pictures of our little one!


No comments:
Post a Comment