Monday, January 7, 2008

11 weeks

I had my 2nd doctor's appointment this afternoon. It was very quick, but I'm happy to write that I was able to hear the heartbeat again! No ultrasound, just the little Doppler machine. I've gained 3 pounds which I attribute to all the yummy food from the holidays and the fact that I am sure I was wearing heavier clothes :-)! I have my next appointment on February 11th. I'll be 16 weeks by then. We have to decide by then if we want to do any of the testing to check for chromosomal abnormalities. I'm really on the fence about this. Once we've told everyone (which we plan to do at the end of this month. I'll be 14 weeks on the 28th) I plan to get opinions from anyone I can think of who has had a baby. Other than that, I'm still tired, the "ladies" are still tender and nothing sounds good. I find myself eating saltines and sliced cheese quite a bit. Something about cold food is good for me. We are planning to find out the sex of the baby as soon as possible. It will be nice to say he or she rather than it all the time. Dr. Haller said we could probably find out at our appointment in March. I'll be counting down the days!

No comments: