Monday, May 5, 2008

28 weeks

I had my 28 week appointment today. Everything is still looking good. Gained another 3 pounds, which makes 13 total since my first appointment. Blood pressure was fine despite how nervous I was about the Glucose test. I'd heard horror stories about how awful the drink tastes, but it wasn't too bad. I chose the fruit punch flavor and it tasted a lot like the syrup from a melted Fla-Vor-Ice popsicle. I felt a little funny a while after drinking it, but nothing crazy. Luckily, Jenn told me to eat a little something before my appointment. I couldn't have any sugar or caffeine so I had a couple of eggs. I should hear in a few days if I passed. I got to hear Jack's heartbeat again. It was around 140-150 bpm and nice and strong.
It's a good thing I don't have that much sugar everyday because I think it made me super moody. Everything was bugging me. I even had a dream that everyone at work was irritating me. Poor Tim. I was trying to find a tote with some party stuff in it. Plates and stuff leftover from showers, etc. I have no idea where it is (or if we even have it anymore) but Tim search high and low (including the attic) to find it. I think I've done pretty good keeping the crazy preggo moods at bay, but yesterday the moods won out!
My next appointment is in 3 weeks (May 28). I'll have another ultrasound to check the placenta and make sure it has moved up like a good placenta should. After that I'll start going every two weeks!

1 comment:

chramy said...

post pics soon, I can't wait to peek into Jack's room! You'll have it looking so nice! Are you registered anywhere yet?