Tuesday, May 6, 2008

blanket for Jack



I've wanted to try to make a no sew fleece blanket for a while. I found the cutest (and softest) fabric at JoAnn's and bought a yard. Now, many projects like this end up in a bag in the basement waiting for me to someday get around to actually making them. Not so with the blanket. It ended up in Jack's crib waiting for me to do something with it :-). Anyway, I researched a little online and started cutting. About 45 minutes later I had a blanket. I even used Tim's chalk line tool thingy to mark some of the lines! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I'm hoping it washes well and stays as soft as it is now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a cute blankie! Did you tie the ends, or some other trick? I'm thinking about making one too, because Lord knows I can't sew, but I've already received a bunch of blankets, so don't know how practical it would be. What's on the fleece? I'd like to find a cute fish pattern (but not tropical fish, picky I know!).
Glad to hear your appointment went well, too!

chramy said...

Gorgeous blankie and we have some and they do wash up super well and stay soft. And better yet, so warm=)