Friday, August 1, 2008

first trip

Jack and I let Grandma Peg go home today. She'd been staying with us since the day Jack was born. Grandpa Moe and GG Doris were happy to have her back home, and Buddy and Yoto too :-) Jack slept for the entire drive to Champaign. We stopped by McDonald's and grabbed lunch for us and Beth and Eric before heading to Mom and Dad's. Beth was able to hold and feed Jack without him screaming bloody murder like the last time. After lunch I headed to Cunningham to get Jack set up with insurance and visit with Katrina, Krista, Dan, Pat and Kara. Katrina held and fed Jack while we were there. Then we stopped by Jenn's work so she could meet our little man. He was such a good baby. He wasn't fussy even with so many people holding him and getting in and out of the truck several times. We even changed his poopy diaper at Jenn's with no fuss. We got home just in time for his 6:30 feeding. We weren't able to get Jack to sleep until about 12:30 so I think he may have his days and nights mixed up a bit. We're going to try to keep him awake tomorrow throughout the day and see if that helps.
HUGE thanks to Mom for staying with us this last week. It was such a comfort to know she was here even if all Jack did was sleep the entire time.
Oh, and his umbilical stump fell off when I changed his diaper this morning. One less thing to stress us out while we're changing him!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Thanks for coming to visit yesterday! I really enjoyed seeing you and meeting the infamous Jack! :-)
Love ya - Jenn

chramy said...

Can't believe his cord fell off already, lucky duck! My kids loved to hold on to theirs forever, like at least 3 weeks:( Sucked! I bet we get first bath pics soon! Loving all the updates and pics, keep it up=)