Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Our Little Leprechaun




I found this cute green and white hat at the dollar store a while back and saw a St. Pat's photo shoot in the making. We were given the green beads at the Effingham-Clay dinner while we were in St. Louis. I thought he looked kind of girlie in the beads, so I didn't use them on the card, but I still had to share the photos with everyone.











I thought I was ahead of the game getting Jack's St. Pat's card done by the 9th. Not so much. I'd ordered his Valentine's Day cards through Walmart online. I wasn't real pleased with them (they cropped off part of the border so I had to trim them all down before mailing), but thought I'd give them one more try. Again, not pleased. First of all, I never recieved an email letting me know they had arrived in store. The lastest they were to arrive was Friday, the 13th. On Saturday I called the store and sure enough, they were there. I go to the store to pick them up and once again they cropped off the border. Now, when I create the card I start with a 5x7 background. So why is it that when I have them printed 5x7, the edges get cut off??? I was just going to let it go and actually had several of the cards already in envelopes, when the anal-retentiveness in me came out. I just couldn't send them with the border off. So, I came back home, loaded the card onto a zip drive and went back to Walmart to print them on the do it yourself machine. They are glossy, which I don't like, but I needed to get them in the mail if I had any hope of them getting to everyone by Tuesday. Plus, they are super-pricey through the do it yourself machine. I will be finding someplace else to print his Easter cards! So if you get a card from us and it looks like it's been opened and re-sealed you'll know why.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Thanks for the card - TOO cute! And for the record, I like the girly beads!!! :-)