Friday, April 8, 2011

Escape Artist

So, today while I was inside making brownies and Pig Cake for the cookout, Jack and Charlie were playing in the garage. A couple of weekends ago we put in a screen door to the garage. This way I can do some things in the kitchen while the boys play and still see them easily. I'm busy spooning brownie mix into my mini muffin pan and Jack says "I go outside, Mommy!" I say "Yes, I know! It's so nice out! It's great that you can play in the garage." A short while later I turn to put something in the microwave and think I see someone walk past the front window out of the corner of my eye. A second later I hear someone trying to open the front door! Jack had pulled the bottom of the gate away from the side of the garage and crawled out to the front yard! We live by a very busy street, this could have ended very badly! Luckily, Jack stayed on the porch.


I got him to crawl back through the gate so could snap a photo, then closed the gate up with several clamps. I'll be adding another screw-on lock as well. Little booger! If I didn't have any grey hair, I do now!

1 comment:

chramy said...

Too funny! Scary, but it happens to all of us. Next time he tells you he's escaping it will mean something huh?LOL