
I saw this idea on a blog the other day and thought it was cute AND something I could actually do. I remembered to pick up some plastic eggs while I was at The Wal Mart getting the things I forgot on Monday, but couldn't find any poms. I thought Dollar Tree had some so I hopped over there and found that they didn't open until 9:00, so the boys and I took a little drive while we waited for it to open. Once there I found poms and about 15 other things I didn't have on my list, a common Dollar Tree occurrence for me, including a Hershey bar for Jack because he needed some "dean-dee" and a ball to keep Charlie occupied.

This afternoon, while J&C napped, I busted out my eggs and poms and went to work. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. I'd like the top one to be a bit longer, but I ran out of eggs and I ain't going back for more!

I should have been cleaning in preparation for the guests we'll have this weekend for the fishing tournament and cookout, but what fun is that? My dirty kitchen will be there tomorrow, trust me!
Any bets on how long it will be before Jack rips it down while try to hang from it?
ETA: If anyone bet it wouldn't last 24 hours you are a winner, winner, chicken dinner! I was upstairs cleaning and hear him say "oh, what happen?" over and over and knew my pretty garland was toast. (:


5 comments:
That is SUPER CUTE! how did you do it?
It's super-easy. The eggs already have holes in the tops and bottoms, so you just need to figure out the pattern you want and start stringing them. I used 30 eggs and 6 poms on the long one. Just used a needle and some thread and hung them with thumb tacks. Easy peasy.
I think we read some of the same blogs! Saw this idea too and just loved it!! But unlike you, I didn't do anything about it. :-) VERY cute!
I was thinking that low one would be a big temptation. Did you shorten it and rehang? At least you got a pic before he destroyed it:(
I like your subway art sign too!
Amy-I put it back together the way it was and hung it again. After being punished, Jack has not tried to play with it again. (:
Post a Comment