Saturday, July 23, 2011

Jack Turns 3!

We celebrated Jack's birthday with a Toy Story-themed party. Although it was super-hot and humid out, I think everyone had a good time. It was nice to jump in the pool and cool off a bit. Then escape back to the air conditioning.

I found Jack's fun invite on etsy.com.


Jack's birthday shirt - another etsy find.



Some of the decorations.



I found these pages online. They look just like the drawings from Toy Story 1.




I had this in a frame on the favor table. The quote is from Toy Story 3.





The Toy Story images in the garland, cupcake toppers, cake topper and Kiss bottoms were also found on etsy.




The favors - a Toy Story activity pack, cheese crackers, Toy Story fruit snacks, Kisses with Toy Story bottoms and an army man.





Charlie and Grandma Hartman. His fingers are either in someone's ear or mouth.


Opening gifts. Jack received lots of amazing gifts. Everyone was way too generous.




Sean tried out the cool McQueen chair he gave Jack. It is perfect for camping and the drive-in. Especially since the little chair we have now tips over to the side whenever Jack sits in it.


Charlie snuck his first M&M from someone's plate on the floor.






Charlie and Great-Grandpa Peters.



Blowing out the candles. Momma had to give him a little help.




All Jack wanted was the frosting. He would pinch little pieces of it from the side of the cake. Eventually, he started using Woody as a "spoon." He would shove him down into the top of the cake, pull him out and eat the icing off of Woody. He also liked the M&Ms. By the end of the party, it was one sad, sad looking cake!






Charlie and GG Doris just before he tipped a full glass of orange soda on the floor.


Pool fun - Jack playing with the remote-control jet ski from Grandma and Grandpa Hartman.


















A big, big THANK YOU to everyone who traveled down to help celebrate Jack's big day. You all helped to make it a day to remember!

3 comments:

chramy said...

Ahh, it was like I was really there! Great journaling so I really could feel that way and it explains some of the pics. You decorated it up all beautiful again!! I see Tim has started building a "deck" for the pool=)

Jenn said...

Oh man, these pictures are AMAZING!!! Thank you again for letting us share in Jack's special day! Love you!!!

OMG Triplets said...

Nolan has informed me he would like a "Woody Buzz birthday party". So I might be stealing some of these ideas. Looks like a great party!!! Hope everyone is doing well.