Thursday, December 22, 2011

Seeing Santa 2011





I almost forgot to take the boys to see Santa this year!!! Tonight was our best shot and our local mall's Santa wouldn't be there so we drove to Mattoon. Jack was super-excited to see "Sanfa" Claus. Charlie was cool as long as he had a car in his hand. On the drive over I mentioned that I figured Charlie would flip out as soon as we put him on Santa's lap. Tim commented that he hoped we were still talking at the end of the night. How fun are we?!?! When Tim asked Jack what he was going to ask Santa for he piped right up and said a football. This was the first I'd heard this - luckily we bought a football after Thanksgiving and Tim found one in the lake (nice!) so there will be two footballs under the tree as Jack said Charlie would also be asking Santa for a football. I was surprised he understood what Tim was asking and even had an answer!
We got there in time to see Santa hurrying through the mall to get to his area. Luckily we did not have to wait. Jack was a little shy/silly about going up the Santa, but hopped up on his lap and I was able to snap a couple of photos. When Santa asked Jack what he wanted he answered right away that he would like a football please. Insert momma with a big grin on her face!! Then it was time to add Charlie to the mix. I was ready to snap a super-fast photo and run out of there with a screaming child, but he surprised us all and just hung out on Santa's lap for the nano-second Tim left him there. Apparently, Charlie tooted just as Tim was sitting him down and since we've been dealing with disgusting blowouts since the stomach bug terrorized our home, Tim decided it was best not to let him sit there too long. So chalk Santa Visit 2011 up as a success. Jack also loved the fountain in the mall and wanted to jump in and get at the pens (pennies) in the water.
I was pleasantly surprised that not only was I allowed to take my own photos, but was not required to have them take a photo and buy it! I read all the time on various blogs how some places won't let you take your own photos even if you buy their photo. Yay for small town living!!
We came home and watched Prep and Landing, which is super-cute and I need to pick it up for future Christmases. All in all a very successful trip and I can mark another thing off the advent banner (:.

No comments: